Thursday, July 2, 2015

Card Twelve - Simple Flowers


Sometimes, you gotta keep it easy. I had this blue paper from from HunkyDory, an English company. It was part of an Artful Card set.  So cut, glue, add flowers,  and done!

I cut it so that the dragonfly was in the upper right corner and mounted it on a plain card.  The paper in these HunkyDory card packs have embedded foiling which I like.   I have several that haven't been opened that are pretty spectacular.  One is of cats, very 50s, with their triangle heads and long tails, in foiled pinks and greens of that era.  I intended to make a card for my stepdaughter, who loves cats.

I haven't yet because the paper is so thick and heavy it is hard to cut and fold, even using a scoring board.

But I managed - with a new blade on my cutter.  

Of course, with a dragonfly you need flowers.  I used prima flowers.  When I buy things that will be used frequently, like flowers or enamel dots, that sort of thing, I always purchase them in white or cream.  That way, I can color them myself to match my pages. Of course, I buy other colors too but it is always good to have plain ones on hand to coordinate.

I took three cream flowers, one which had a silver foil detail, and used my Spectrum Noir markers to match the colors.  I put a holographic dazzle in the center of each flower, and used a silver word dazzle for "thanks."

It couldn't have been easier.

And yet, it still took me a long time.  I have called myself the slowest scrapbooker in the world and I'm sure that is true.  A simple card like this might take me hours.

I did a few others along the same lines, using the same products - dazzles and Hunkydory card papers.  The one below has dazzles along the edges, the flowers in the upper right.  The word "thanks" with the foiled edges was a punch out and part of a kit.


One thing to keep in mind as you, or I, make cards is they have to go through the mail.  So I try not to put too many dimensional objects on them.  Sometimes I'll go crazy and then use a padded envelope but for standard mailing you have to remember the post office.  So this is why I often choose flat items like Dazzles over other bling I could use.  


I needed an easy day and got one. I am hoping to do a 4th of July card but am not sure I'll have time. I have a lot of beautiful Americana papers too, so I'll try. If I don't see you, have a happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment