Sunday, July 12, 2015

Card Fifteen - Graphic Wedding



I have discovered the word "graphic" means black and white, at least in the crafts world.

My sister wanted a card for a wedding she is attending.  She wanted champagne colors and I started out using some champagne paper, and the card ended up blue and purple and not only that, off kilter. So I started again, leaving the colors behind.  Sometimes you have to follow where inspiration takes you!

I found this lovely black and white heart paper that I'd gotten from Pink Paisley warehouse sale, and started pulling out stuff that matched.  I used white cardstock, and some stickers I'd had, by a company called Glitz and Glitter - I found them at Tuesday Morning,  I think. And that wonderful leaf ribbon in black, that I didn't end up using but still love.  I grabbed some white Martha Stewart heart stickers, colored them black with a Spectrum Noir pen, popped a flat back pearl in the center and called it a day.


But it still seemed flat to me, so I backed everything with black cardstock. And there you go. Graphic wedding card.

Here is the inside using the rest of the sticker:


Usually I hunt for ideas on pinterest before I make a card and while they never turn out the way they started out, I usually have an idea to work from. This time, I just winged it. After I found that paper I did what felt natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment