Monday, June 22, 2015

Card Two - Precious

This is a card I made for a friend about to have a baby girl.  Yes, it's pink, as I am a member of the patriarchal society that imposes gender stereotypes upon innocent babies.



The inside is blank, but I have plans to fix that when the baby is born.

The actual card is again a Michael's premade pack of vanilla cardstock.  I started with a creamy pink Elizabeth Crafts Shimmer Sheet, which is one of my favorite products. These sheets are mylar and pearlized, very pretty.  They come in two tones.   You will see me use them often, and when I get my photography set up so things are a bit clearer, you'll be amazed at how truly beautiful they look, and how even a novice like me can get a lovely card.

I embossed the shimmer sheet with a Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder.  At each point in the swirl, I added a flat back pearl.   I matted the shimmer sheet onto Hot off the Press's suede paper and used a dotted pink sheer ribbon on the bottom.  I topped it with a Bella Blvd feather in Carnation, and had some sparkly word stickers, I think from American Crafts.  I chose "precious" because that is what a baby is.

When I know the baby's name, I will cut it out with an alphabet die using the leftover pink suede paper and put that inside, maybe with more of the ribbon to anchor it.  After this photo was taken, I used some e6000 glue to better secure the word to the card so it looks flatter.

I freely confess to being an amateur at this card-making thing but this is really a very nice card in person.

Tomorrow, a Christmas card!

No comments:

Post a Comment