Thursday, June 25, 2015

Card Five - Christmas Banners


I have a paper pack by We R Memory Keepers called North Pole. It has the traditional red and green with some pale blues, and many of the papers have that cool scuffed look. Because I am into the December Daily I always look for matching Christmas papers, and this set is perfect, they all match each other so you can't go wrong.

I have the 12 x 12 pad, which also comes in several sheets of 6x6 designs. I wanted to do a banner page, so I took one of the 6x6 pages and cut it in strips, and again in a variety of sized pieces. To make the banner ends, I used my square punch and clipped the strips to get the design.  That means you aren't left with any funky cuts as you get when doing it by hand.  I got a sheet of robin's egg blue paper, which was also a color in one of the designs, and I played with it until I got the look I wanted and glued it down.

I'd intended to do a ribbon and bow for the strip across, but I didn't have any thick enough ribbon.  I also felt it looked funny with blue on the bottom and nowhere else.  So I cut a blue stripe and glued it across, then took a leftover red strip, and then added a vanilla piece, same color as the card.  I stamped the word "believe" using Versamark, and then added a few stars.  I love to heat emboss, so I embossed with some Zing Leaf powder.

I have a lot of strips left!  I wonder what will happen to them?



What do you think of this card? What could I have done to improve it?

No comments:

Post a Comment