Monday, June 29, 2015

Card Nine - Spectrum Noir Sunflower


Sunflowers are so cheerful!    I have a stamp from IndigoBlu (yes, you've noticed I like their stamps) and so I decided to color.

Coloring is such a meditative thing to do.  It reminds you of when you were six, of course, but it is something to do while listening to a podcast or otherwise occupying your mind.  For those of us with no artistic ability, coloring can make us feel like artists.


I used Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers for my coloring.  I stuck to the GB (Golden Brown) line for the petals and did the EB (Earth Browns) for the center.

I remember when I ordered them.  I was pretty sick at that point, and my day consisted mostly of sleeping.  I wanted to do something simple while sitting in the light, so I treated myself to the entire set of alcohol inks.  They arrived the same day my friend from Salt Lake City did, (she was coming to maybe say good-bye, hah!).  We sat around my dining table and colored pictures we'd printed.  Although I was the one who does the artsy crafsy stuff, she turned out to be the much better colorist, knowing where light and shadows should fall.

Oh well, it was still fun for me.  She was bored.

So for the card, after I colored it, I fussy cut it out.  I mounted it on a piece of wood grain paper. I had a scrap of yellow gingham so put that on the bottom with a golden ribbon. I took another piece of the wood grain and cut a tag and stamped it with a tiny bee and the words "Bee Happy."

I tried a copper zing but it didn't show the details of the Bee so I stick with Versamark Fine black ink.  It shows more in person.


I colored two of the sunflowers so you will see another on a different card.

No comments:

Post a Comment