Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Card Four - Christmas Lamp Post

Who doesn't like to color?  I find it very soothing.

I found this stamp by Penny Black and had to get it.  In my opinion, Penny Black makes some of the best stamps for coloring out there.

I stamped the image onto cream cardstock using Momento ink.  When you plan to color with alcohol inks, you have to use Momento - something like Staz-on will smear.  After I stamped it, I colored it in using Spectrum Noir pens, which are more affordable than Copic.  I used the True Blue line for the blues and the Ice Greys for the greys and the dark red for the bow.  Green was using my one and only Copic, with a little Jade for shading.  I used the lightest Citrus for the yellow of the light with a few dots of the Brown/Orange.

Once colored, I used a Spellbinder Nestabilities label to cut out the shape, and then I went around the edges with a silver Wink of Stella for a bit of shine.  Then at the bottom, for the snow, I used some Stickles glitter glue in Diamond.  I mounted the shape onto some old blue dotted blue paper I had for at least a decade, and then on top of it I put a transparency overlay  that had white "snowflakes" on it for shimmer and an extra dimension.  I hid the mini glue dots under the largest white flakes!

I am going to tie a silver cord around the side of the card .... when I get silver cord.

I like to color even though I have a lot to learn about light and shadow - so more coloring ones will appear.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment