Sunday, June 21, 2015

Card One - Father's Day

While I won't be sending this one to anybody, I thought today would be a nice day to honor the fathers in our lives.  This card is going to my husband.



This card was stamped using a Tim Holtz typewriter stamp, mounted on a pre-made cream card from Michaels.  I used black paper for matting, and matted that on old dictionary paper, and stamped the image on kraft paper with StazOn.  I used a textured red piece of paper behind the matting for the heck of it. The  stickers that say "Dad" are some very old embellishments I had lying around.


Here is the inside.  I took a scrap of old typewriter paper and did the same matting technique.  I used a cream tag I cut using a die and inked the edge of it, then stamped Happy Father's Day with a Tiny Tag from Hot off the Press. I topped the tag with a piece of twine.



That's it, clean and simple! Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is very nice! I'm sure your hubby loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He said he was going to save it, so that's nice. :).

      Delete