Saturday, June 27, 2015

Card Seven - Masculine


Like the pink card I did earlier, I am imposing my gender preferences on a recipient.  This is actually a card I made some time ago for a friend so you won't get it, sorry.  

It is quite simple.  Black cardstock is the base, and I found a black and grey striped piece of paper from my stash.  I mounted that on the cardstock and again cut a smaller piece of plain black.   I had a silver/grey ribbon I wrapped across the bottom and put it all together.  I also cut a 2 inch circle from black cardstock and took some silver Dazzles and mounted them to make the pattern you see.  (If you click the link, the dazzles I used are the upper right ones in the picture)

For those who don't know, Dazzles are from a company called Hot off the Press.  I really like their products and I really hate their customer service.  It's a problem!

Dazzles are embossed stickers.  You can find them from other companies but not in the wide variety from HOTP.  I'm going to be sad when I run out because I'm not sure I want to buy from HOTP again.

In this case, I believe they were supposed to be a clock face, but I just used them as a design,  and I took the minute hand and mounted it on the ribbon as you can see.  Finally, I used a "just because" dazzle sticker on the bottom right.

If this is too much description for you, let me know.  I can just use a list of materials if that would be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment